Thursday, October 31, 2013

Not a good Halloween.  I was running errands all the way up until it was time to gets the kids dressed.  We dressed, took pictures, and ran over to Grandma's to see everyone.  Carol, Heidi, and David were all stuck in horrible traffic so we decided to wait so we could see them.  Anyway, I was trying to be a good Aunt and take Halley trick or treating to a few houses so her parents could eat.  I did not communicate to my husband what I was doing, but had assumed he had heard that I was leaving and he was watching Emma.  There were 6 adults at Grandmas and Emma still wandered off.  We had sent the older kids trick or treating together around the block and apparently she was trying to find them.

I only went to a few houses with Halley and came back and realized Emma was gone.  I ran up and down every street yelling her name and asking people if they had seen a purple princess.  I did not know I could run that long... but everytime I was tiring out it was sheer willpower that kept me going.  I started to circle back thinking maybe she'd been turned in.  I ran into a tall banana who was also running.  He had heard me yelling for her on another street and had started running down the streets looking for her too.  Finally a lady found her at a haunted house with Errolyn.  Apparently, Emma caught up to Errolyn around the block on another street, so Errolyn just kept Emma with her and took her trick or treating.  I am SO glad she is safe!  Talk about panic!  I'm so grateful for so many nice people that were looking for her also and came and found me afterwards to see if she had been found.  That's it.  That's all I want to talk about.  I think I need to install a device on Emma so if she wanders more than 10 feet from us an alarm will sound.

4 comments:

  1. I like the device idea. You wear one and the child wears another and if they wander too far from you it beeps loudly. You could have a money-maker on your hands. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like Errolyn deserves an emergency use cell phone. So glad Emma was safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. geez, and I thought Maddy escaping from nursery was scary. lol Glad she's okay. Maybe I will teach Maddy our phone number now ;)

    ReplyDelete