Friday, October 18, 2013

I don't know if I can ever go on another cruise again.  :(  I had a GREAT time on the cruise and wasn't sick at all!  But, since I've gotten off of the boat I've been very, very motion sick.  I've realized that if I move slowly or not at all, then it's not so bad.  But today, I went grocery shopping and with all of the quick turns to get food off the shelves and go down all of the rows, my head was spinning so fast and my eyes hurt so badly that I could barely open them by the time I left the store.  This has been going on for a week.

I've looked online about my vertigo symptoms and think I have Mal de Debarquement Syndrome, which is not well studied but happens occasionally after cruises or long term motion activities.  Apparently, the brain can become so adept at adapting to the motion that it thinks the motion is normal and so you become land sick instead of sea sick.  So, I somehow need to figure out how to snap my brain back into knowing that how I live now is normal.  There are no cures for this.  Everyone says it just takes time: days, weeks, months, years, and some people never get over this.  I'm hoping it will be over sooner rather than later.  But when I dream now, I dream of rocking back and forth or being on a boat... not good.

I called my ENT and they said I need to see an Ophthalmologist who says I need to see a Neurologist.  I don't think anyone knows what to do and after reading for a while online, I don't think there's anything they can do.  So, I will wait one more week before going to the doctor and pray.  Meanwhile, I feel like I'm drugged up because my world is in constant motion and everything is spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment