Sunday, October 20, 2013

I'm pretty sure only Linda reads my blog now that we've switched from Xanga... but I guess it doesn't matter since this is my journal in a way.  I am DONE with my English class.  I got 100 in the class.  :)  I really enjoy writing.  I decided to withdraw from the Speech class I had registered for to start on Monday.  I just am too busy and need to catch back up on housework and my kids.  I looked at the syllabus and it was going to be three times as much work as my English class (which was a LOT of writing) and I just don't have time for that right now.  Additionally, it was not a required class, but an elective.  It's the same price to register for two classes as one class, and me not wanting to waste money registered for a 2nd class... yeah, not happening right now. 

I am teaching violin up at the middle school one day a week which has been fun and some extra money.  I'm also planning a Multi-faith Choir performance for next year so I've been busy creating documents, organization, and setting the frame work for that.  I'm also conducting the Messiah every Sunday and we just had two days of solo auditions that I had to judge.  We have some good soloists again!  We just did our family pictures, so I don't have to worry about that for Christmas cards anymore.  I really need to clean my house and start ordering Christmas presents though!

David and Heidi are moving here soon, which will be fun!  We'll definitely get to see them more, but how often will depend on where they buy a house since our city is very spread out.  Errolyn had a volleyball game yesterday and they didn't have enough players so they had to play the whole hour.  I've been working with her on her serves and she was so excited that she made most of her serves at the game yesterday.  Logan had a soccer game at the same time and scored the only goal.  I sold my ALJ stock this week and made some good money, but of course it rose way more after I sold it.  I need to be less conservative in my selling points... but at least I'm still making good money and learning the ins and outs of the stock market.

We went to the Updike's last night to catch up and play games; we had fun as usual.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you have your priorities in order. It will be fun to see you all more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cricket came back from the dead to read your blog. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up!! Give me a few weeks to get organized! lol Love you

    ReplyDelete