Sunday, January 26, 2014

So, yeah, I'm home sick from church which is why I'm posting so much today.  :)  Logan and I both have bad colds and since Logan has a fever, I'm staying home with him.  I just feel like this huge weight has been lifted from me!  I was trying to fool myself into thinking I could handle all of the stuff on my calendar while I am sick, knowing I am only going to get much, much worse.  Anyway, I finally e-mailed: the Symphony telling them I needed to take a leave for a year or two, I e-mailed the Stake switching my Stake Music Training to a month when I won't be sick (from March to May), e-mailed my Assistant telling her we need to wait to re-categorize the library music in all of the buildings until April when I'm not sick, and I'm in the process of finding a replacement teacher for all of my violin students at the middle school.  Whew... I hate to quit on things, but sometimes I need to be realistic with myself and I finally am.

I still have the Stake Conference Choir coming up, the UVC choir to plan and meet with, and volleyball to coach... but I still feel like I just lightened my load a lot.  Also, I have a 2nd Music Assistant being called soon, so I'll be able to delegate more with the choirs.  Mike said he'll coach volleyball for me if I need him to, but I told him we can re-evaluate each week and I'll do it as long as I can.  Feeling good... :)

3 comments:

  1. You know, other stakes delegate out the choir directing jobs. You could do that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know, and I've done that when necessary. But Conference is only in a couple of weeks and I won't be horribly sick by then. But I will have to delegate out the Sep. Conference since I'll be having my baby then.

      Delete
  2. Sorry I was so late on writing comments to the kids. And sorry you are sick. I was hoping your diet would spare you. I wonder how many children Eve had and if she had morning sickness. Love you.

    ReplyDelete