Saturday, January 25, 2014

So, after spotting for the last two weeks I went to the doctor.  Everything is fine and the baby is in the uterus where it should be.  We even got to see and hear the heart beat.  :)  And, even though I'm eating super healthy, I'm still getting bad morning sickness.  Go figure.

My violin students all had Solo and Ensemble and received Ones.  Cameron received an Outstanding which is a 1+ and so did one of my students.

Coaching volleyball has been fun, but we're not doing as well as hoped for at our games.  We're doing lots of good drills, but there are a few girls that just aren't getting it.  I'll have to have some one-on-one time with them at the next practice.  I've also researched some new drills to try with the girls.

We went to Arizona last weekend to see the Gilbert Temple Open House so our kids could see the inside of a temple.  It was way to much driving, but it was a good experience.  We went to Olive Garden on Errolyn's birthday (Saturday).  We called ahead to put our name on the list, but they said they weren't busy and didn't need to do that.  So, when we arrived 20 minutes later they were busy and there was a wait.  We were not happy since we still had a lot of driving to do.  They still sat us down within 10 minutes and then gave all of the kids free meals because the manager felt badly.  That was nice.  The kids swam at the hotel on Saturday night and had a blast.  And then on Sunday, we had our own church service (since our hotel was in a small town), finished the short drive (4 hours) to Mesa, played games, saw the Mesa Temple which I thought was really cool, and went to Papago Park so the kids could walk/ climb to the "Hole in the Rock."  On Monday morning, we woke up early and saw the inside of the temple.  Logan and Cameron really enjoyed it!  Errolyn had built it up too much in her mind I think.  But, she still enjoyed the sealing room.  I thought the chandelier in the Celestial Room was spectacular.  Then we drove home.  On the way to the temple the kids were singing, "I love to see the Gilbert Temple, I'm going there today," instead of the regular lyrics.

Mike taught at Little Philmont this morning and so Carol watched Logan and Emma while I coached Errolyn's volleyball game.  Cameron went to a Scout Camp-out last night in freezing cold weather.  I was excited to finally use our 72-hour kit sleeping bags that are rated for -29 degree weather... but Cameron left it in the car.  Luckily, one of the other boys brought an extra sleeping bag so I hope Cameron was alright last night.  Mike's picking him up right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment