Sunday, March 16, 2014

So, our Spring Break routine was working hard in the mornings and then playing in the afternoons.  I was still feeling badly, but wanted the kids to go out and have fun.  Monday, I just took the kids up to the church gym and they played volleyball, tennis, Ghosts in the Graveyard, etc. while I laid on the church couch.  Tuesday, a friend of ours owns some undeveloped wooded property and they invited a bunch of families out.  They had a large tree house, camp fire, and lots of snacks and the kids had a blast running through the trees playing games with so many friends.  Wednesday was a bad day for me so I sent the kids on a nature scavenger hunt through the subdivision and park since I couldn't go out.  Thursday, I had a better day so Carol and I took the kids roller skating.  The kids had a blast skating, as usual, and Emma went skating for the first time and loved it!  Carol was a great Aunt and skated with Emma for over an hour to help her.  It all went good until Emma crashed, then Carol crashed and hit her head on the floor and may have a concussion.  I feel so badly for her! 

Friday, Janet's family came into town.  Carol bought crafts for the kids at Michaels and we hung out with Janet and David's family at Carol's for a while.  The kids had a fun time playing with their cousins.  On Saturday, we met Janet's family at Heidi's for a little bit and a ton of people were there: Grandma, Kathy, Carol, George, and David and Janet's family.  I hadn't had much opportunity to talk to Janet so I when she was pumping I went and talked for her for about 30 minutes which was nice.

Also, since I've been sick a lot, I've had a lot more downtime where I'm not doing anything productive.  So, we decided to get Netflix.  I've become addicted to the TV series "Once Upon a Time."  It's a little weird at times but I love how they incorporate the storybook characters and their past lives into modern times.

No comments:

Post a Comment