Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ahhh!  Disaster!  So, Mike was cleaning out the laundry room and getting the washing machine ready to be replaced.  We have a faucet in there that doesn't shut completely off.  Mike's replaced it before no problem and was replacing it again.  He didn't need to turn off the water the first time so he didn't this time.  All of the sudden I hear a gushing sound.  I figured it was water but he didn't call for help.  Then after about 20 seconds Mike starts yelling, "Help, help, help."  I grabbed a shoe bucket on the way and dumped it out and threw it to him to catch the water that was already all over the floor.  He started yelling that it was the hot water... yikes!  I yelled to Logan and Errolyn to grab empty bins and trash cans in the garage while I threw paint cans, bins, and junk off of the shelf in front of the water heater door.  The lever to turn the water off was all the way at the top of the closet... luckily Cameron came down right as I was about to climb up the water heater (I surely would have toppled with how pregnant I am and how little ledge there was to climb) and he climbed to the top and I told him which lever to push.  The water turned off, whew!  But, now there is an inch of water all over our laundry room floor and poor Mike was burned with extremely hot water for several minutes.  :(  I'm glad this happened today instead of ON his birthday... but it still stinks.  Poor Mike.  This washing machine better be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment