Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cameron and I accompanied the choir in church on the First Noel/ Pachelbel's Cannon piece.  One of Mike's friends from work played the other violin part with us.

Christmas was good.  We acted out the Nativity with the kids a couple of days before Christmas... that is always fun (and crazy) with kids.  Kevin came and stayed with us for several days; it was good to visit with him.  We also took the kids to the dollar store and let them buy presents for their brothers and sisters, Kevin, and Mike and I.  They were SO excited to watch each other open their gifts to each other.  Later we went to Carols and saw Carol, George, Grandma, Jim, Kathy, Brian & his girlfriend Jennifer, and Janet's family.  We all had a good time eating, opening presents, and just visiting with each other.  We almost went caroling to a Nursing Home on Christmas day, but I was in the middle of a bad cold, so we decided not to go... although we did go last year and enjoyed it.

And today... is our 15 year Anniversary!!

Yes, we celebrated a couple of months ago, but we still went to dinner and a movie last night (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty... we'd already seen everything else good).  It was surprisingly clean and a descent movie, although I was expecting to not enjoy it at all.  I've had some friends look back on their big anniversaries and say they don't feel like they have a good marriage and they are disappointed.  I have to say, I have a good marriage.  I have a wonderful husband, who although has different hobbies than me, is still so similar to me in action, thought, belief, and general likes and dislikes.  He puts up with my weaknesses and compliments my strengths.  I love him so, so much and am so excited to spend the rest of my life and beyond with him!

Today, Mike and I sat on the couch with all of the kids and had them ask us questions about how we met, some of our dates, when we knew we loved each other or wanted to marry the other one, etc.  I think the kids enjoyed finding out some more details, although they wanted no part in finding out about our first kiss, lol.

Today was Emma's last day in Nursery.  She'll be in Primary next week, but Logan is moving up to Senior Primary so she'll be alone.  It's weird to think Logan and Emma are far enough apart in age to be in different Primaries. 

Errolyn is reading Divergent and for the first time ever has been non-stop reading and can't put down the book.  I'm glad she finally found a book that she likes that much.  Cameron and I want to read it when she's done, and we also want to read Mortal Instruments since we enjoyed the movie.  Yesterday, I went through Mom & Dad's records and had a blast playing my favorites for the kids all day.  I have many, many memories with those records and am excited to listen to more of them!  I'm sure there has been a lot more happen that I've missed, but such is life.

Update: I have a cold sore healing on my mouth.  Emma looked at it and said, "Did you hurt your mouth?"  I said, "Yes."  She asked, "Did a Zombie hit your mouth?"  Lol... I have NO idea how she even knows what a Zombie is.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good, if busy, Christmas. And Happy Anniversary! I still haven't even read the Hunger Games books, cause I don't know anybody who has them and I don't want to buy them. LOL - Our first kiss was so long ago I couldn't even tell you when it was, although your mom may be able to. Love you and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, that must be one scary cold sore ;)

    ReplyDelete