Thursday, May 22, 2014

So, Logan is my collector.  He loves bugs and animals.  He has 2 fish and a frog that Santa brought him... he wanted a rabbit or hamster, but we thought we'd try him out on something smaller.  And for a while he has had a giant container of snails and he regularly changes out the dirt and gives them things to eat.  He had a beetle collection he was starting, but we made him keep them outside because they got loose.

So, today I'm on the computer and Logan comes in with something in his hand and brings it right next to my face and says, "Can I keep this?"  I look up and he's caught a baby bird inside a clear container!  I screamed because I was startled to have a live bird in the house so close to my face with only a paper plate and a 7 yr. old hand keeping it from getting out.  Lol.  I made him dump it outside but he either damaged the bird's wing or it hasn't learned to fly yet because it's just walking slowly everywhere.  Shaking my head... Logan, Logan, Logan.  Lol.  I'm glad he's not afraid like my other kids are though.  I'm glad he'll pick up the beetles and look for the snakes and catch the birds... he really loves nature and being outdoors.

Mike just got back from 3 days in Boston... yea!  Cameron had a good orchestra concert on Tuesday, Errolyn got to watch a movie with some friends after school at the school (some auction thing her friend won and was able to invite a friend), Emma had a water day at school today and it was her last day of school, and I had a doctor's appointment today and the baby is doing well.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will write about Halley and the tree frog tomorrow. Love hearing about your family. Love you

    ReplyDelete