Thursday, February 27, 2014

I wish the little pregnancy ticker would have a better count down.  I see 200 days to go and I think, "I can't do it."  But, when I convert the weeks to days, I feel a little better.  It should say, "80 days down, 200 to go."  Then I feel like, "Hey, I've already endured a lot.  Maybe I can do this."

I usually sleep so much better when Mike is out of town.  I think I'm such a light sleeper that I wake up to every little turn or noise he makes in the bed.  Also, I like to stretch out and take the whole bed... which I can't normally do.  But, I would rather have him home than gone.  Soon!  :)

Anyway, I haven't slept that much better this time around.  The first night, Errolyn's alarm clock accidentally went off at 5am and she started taking a shower for school and fully woke me up.  Then, one night I had a major United Voices for Christ meeting and I drank a LOT to keep from being sick during the meeting, so I was up all night using the bathroom.  Last night I finally took an adult Zyrtec.  It was wonderful.  My mouth dried out a little, I was sleeping wonderfully... and then at 5am the smoke detector in MY room started chirping every 15 seconds.  SO annoying!  Especially since I had Mike change all of the alarm batteries just before he went on his trip.  I went downstairs to sleep, but I could still hear the chirping loudly through the closed door.  I couldn't find the batteries at first.  Finally, I found one and climbed up on some wobbly furniture because I'm not aloud to carry the heavy ladder right now and it was 5am and I was still half asleep.  I changed the battery, got in bed, and then a minute later it started chirping again.  Not funny.  So, I found another battery, changed it again, waited a minute, smiled, and then went to bed.  A minute later it started chirping again.  I finally took the original brand new battery, took the tape off (Mike marked the date on it to see how often we were changing them), I pressed the button on the alarm things several times, and then I went to bed.  7 minutes later, the alarm chirps 2 times... freaking me out, and then it is quiet for the rest of the night... well the little sliver that was left of it.  If it happens tonight I'm just disconnecting the whole thing.  I think I'd rather risk the slim odds of burning to death than losing more sleep (yes, I'm exaggerating, but not too much).  I called Mike and he put a new battery in it a month ago, and then again at my request before his trip this last weekend.  So, I think we have a bum detector and need to get it replaced.  If I have to be positive about this experience, I guess I would be grateful that my kids are not light sleepers and slept right through the incessant beeping.  :)  There, now I ended on a happy note... rolling my eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling very well. You are always in our prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing. I would have disconnected it right away. lol I felt like Cheryl was pregnant for forever. I was so busy, this last pregnancy just flew. Hope you feel better and get some good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it could be worse. You could have to pay a $1,100 medical bill and a $2,600 plumbing bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your insurance didn't cover the medical bill?

      Delete