Sunday, November 17, 2013

So, I've lost 12 pounds in just under three weeks.  I'm finding some better recipes for our new "Eat to Live" lifestyle and am slowly adding them into the kids' dinner rotation too.  Mike has lost 13 more pounds (in addition to the weight he lost this Summer) and hasn't been this weight since before we were married.  There are quite a few people in our ward eating this way so we had an "Eat to Live" recipe exchange and sample night which was fun. 

Cameron has been practicing really hard for All-region and he made 3rd chair!  He was SO excited.  He was 5th chair last year, so he moved up.  He was especially excited because he beat the best cellist in his school (who sometimes tells him everything he is doing wrong).  Cameron and I also played a violin/ cello duet of "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" during Sacrament Meeting today.  Cameron did a great job even though he was worried he didn't have enough practice time because of Region. 

I've gone over to see Heidi a couple of times and then they came over last weekend to watch the BYU game.  It will be fun to see them more often!

Messiah rehearsals are going well.  The United Voices for Christ, multi-faith choir concert, I'm planning is going slow, but will be good in the end.  We have a nearby Baptist church on board and are talking to two nearby Methodist churches.  Hopefully we can get enough churches on board with the idea to make the concert great and memorable. 

I saw a movie trailer for "Divergent" and now I really want to read the book.  Monday, I went to Cameron's mini-concert for Veteran's Day and then ran over to the elementary school to hear Errolyn's choir sing.  She is doing well in 5th grade Strings but I don't think she's really learning anything in class; just showing off what I've taught her. 

Errolyn is doing well in volleyball and Logan scored another goal in soccer.  I looked forward to the Fall season being over so we can have our Saturdays back.  We have a different Conductor for my Symphony this concert, and I am learning so much listening to him rehearse us and watching him conduct us.  It will be a fun concert to play!  We are performing the Nutcracker pieces and Vivaldi's Gloria.  I know I've played the Gloria before, but I don't think I truly appreciated it before.  It is wonderful!  Such a moving piece of music!

2 comments:

  1. I sang Laudamus Te in our community's Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have heard your duet. Karen and I have been eating very little or no red meat and eating a lot more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Karen eats almost no cheese. I'm just trying to use up what is in the refrigerator. Love you.

    ReplyDelete